How to Apply
Applications for Teacher Training at Landau Forte College Derby will open this Autumn, when you will be able to search and apply for courses on the UCAS teacher training website.
There are 2 phases for submitting applications; Apply 1 and Apply 2.
To enable you to apply for the Schools Direct training programme you will need to sign up with UCAS.
UCAS charge a £24.00 administration fee to manage your applications.
- Opens on 18 October 2016
- Applications can be submitted until September 2017
- Applicants can apply for up to three choices at the same time
- Opens in January 2017
- Applications can be submitted until October 2017
- Applicants can use apply 2 if you are not successful in gaining as place in Apply 1
- Applicants can continue to add new choices of providers but one at a time
UCAS will obtain two references from the details you provide in your application.
- If you are still at University or achieved your Degree within the past five years, one reference must be from someone at your University who can comment on your academic ability and potential.
- The other reference can be from someone who knows you from work or who can comment on your character and your potential as a teacher.
- If you are applying for a School Direct (salaried) route, one reference must be from an employer for whom you worked, who knows you well.
- If you left University more than five years ago, you can choose two referees who know you from work or can comment on how suitable you are for teaching. You can still use an academic referee if you think that is right for you.
- If you are providing a reference from a school where you have been employed or have done classroom observation, it must come from the Headteacher.
- Family members, friends, partners or ex-partners cannot be used as referees.
Your application cannot be sent to the training provider until the references have been obtained.
UCAS will inform you once each reference has been received.
We reserve the right to apply for additional references upon receipt of your application.
The UCAS application system only allows you to make one personal statement for all your choices in Apply 1 and Apply 2.
- Your personal statement should reflect the qualities we are looking for (see our selection criteria) and include details of your potential to teach and the qualities you feel you would bring to the profession.
- For those wishing to apply for Schools Direct (salaried), please include details of your career for the last 3 years, and relate this to teaching where applicable.
- Only the highest calibre candidates will be selected for interview, so use the personal statement as an opportunity to meet the criteria we have listed and demonstrate your potential to teach.
For further information on how to apply, please click here.
Click to watch Applying for Postgrad Teacher Training video on the UCAS website.